As part of our efforts to create a sustainable future, KBR has set three major objectives:
- To reduce the potential environmental impact of operations under our control including prevention of environmental pollution;
- To comply with applicable legislation and relevant industry standards;
- To conserve natural resources while reducing waste and emissions.
We ensure our projects conform to these objectives through our internal policies and procedures, training and assessments. Our success is measured through the establishment of set objectives and constant review of the progress made towards achieving them.
KBR's employees set an example for environmental consciousness through their daily activities and involvement in green-focused events throughout the year. They have participated in:
- Earth Day, where offices and projects around the world hosted educational forums for children and explained waste minimization programs;
- Annually employees participate in KBR's Green IMPACT event on World Environment Day. They join with their neighbors in tree and coastal marsh planting events, discuss environmental topics such as climate change, waste minimization, and energy-saving initiatives and participate in alternative transportation days and environmental awareness fairs;
- The KBR Kids Day on Buffalo Bayou in Houston, Texas. The KBR Kids Day provides the opportunity for employees, environmentally-conscious partners and non-profit groups to teach children in the Houston community about Houston's bayou system and the environment as a whole in an entertaining fashion.